- Show some kindness to your feet and slip them into the classic comfort and style of the Clemency boots by Dr. Martens®.
- Part of the Parade Refined Collection.
- 8-eyelet lace-up boot.
- Smooth leather upper.
- Classic rear heel loop for easier entry.
- Goodyear® welt construction sews the upper and sole together with our Z welt-stitch and heat-sealing process.
- Cushioned footbed for added comfort.
- Chunky heel for added stability.
- Classic DM sole is oil and fat-resistant with good abrasion and slip resistance.
- Heel Height: 2 3⁄4 in
- Weight: 1 lb 7 oz
- Circumference: 11 in
- Shaft: 7 in
- Product measurements were taken using size UK 6 (US Women’s 8), width M. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Is there anything cooler than a pair of Dr. Marten’s? Simultaneously tough but flirty, rugged but feminine, Clemency from Dr. Martens Women’s lets you showcase your softer side with edgy flair courtesy of the luxe leather upper available in an array of fun finishes. Ridiculously durable, the Goodyear welt construction is built to last, and tops the classic, chunky, oil and slip resistant outsole for one supremely stable and shock absorbent ride.
Dr. Martens is the stuff of legends. It all began near Munich, Germany in 1945 when Dr. Klaus Maertens injured his foot in a skiing accident in the Bavarian Alps. To make walking easier during the healing process, he designed a shoe with an air-cushioned sole. Using old rubber tires, he constructed soles that had air trapped within closed compartments. He showed his prototype to his engineer/inventor friend, Dr. Herbert Funck, and together they decided to develop and produce the shoes. Not only did the shoe solve the doctor’s immediate problem, but it also started to sell well in Germany. By 1959 the two decided that they needed a company to produce and distribute the shoes, then called Dr. Maertens, in other parts of the world. At first, many manufacturers rejected the concept of an air cushioned sole as a short-lived gimmick. However, the R. Griggs Group, located in the village of Wollaston in England, decided to go along with the idea by creating the first work boot with the revolutionary sole. On the first of April 1960, the first cherry red eight-eyelet work boot was produced and named 1460. To sell the brand name better in England, the name was anglicized to Dr. Martens. The range was branded AirWair and the rest is history.
Shaft measures approximately 7″ from arch
Heel measures approximately 2″
Platform measures approximately 0.5″
Made with Smooth, the classic Dr. Martens leather
Retains all the Dr. Martens DNA, like grooved edges, yellow welt stitching and scripted heel-loop
Heel height is 2″
Built on top of the iconic Dr. Martens air-cushioned sole, with good abrasion and slip-resistance
The boot is Goodyear welted, meaning the upper and sole are sewn together in our heat-sealed z-welt stitch