What is RFID and Why do I Need to Block It?
Credits cards, government issued personal identification cards, passports, and more are being fitted with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chips. These chips act like the strip on your credit card or drivers license and are able to quickly and wirelessly transmit personal and financial data. These chips help you check out at the store faster, speed up your time at customs, and generally make your life easier.
HOWEVER, and this is big, some malicious individuals have found ways to intercept these RFID signals and steal your personal and financial information. Our RFID blocking wallets help protect you by blocking the signals that thieves are trying to steal.
There are two main types of RFID frequencies: Low Frequency (LF) and High Frequency (HF)
– LF devices operate at 125 KHz or 134 KHz and have a read distance of up to 10 cm. This is what your access card uses to let you in the door at work. LF devices tend to work more slowly than HF but are more powerful than the other two, meaning they can work through metal or other materials (like our wallet) that block LF signals.
– HF devices operate at 13.56 MHz and have a read distance of up to 1 meter. HF devices include credit cards and government issued ID cards. The lining in the Stealth Mode wallets blocks this frequency to prevent your personal and financial information from being stolen.
Stealth Mode wallets are designed to block HF signals since that is the frequency used by credit cards and government issued ID cards.
– 5 Card slots plus and ID window
– Quality stitching that will last
– Stainless steel cash moneyclip
– Color: Various
– Wallet Dimensions: 4 1/8″ x 3 1/8″
Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
Enjoy style and safety together with Stealth Mode’s card wallet for men. This minimalist wallet fits securely in your front pocket.
This quality card holder wallet features 5 credit card slots plus an ID window, stainless steel money clip, and our secure RFID blocking lining to keep your personal and financial info safe.
Measuring just 4 1/8″ x 3 1/8″ when closed you’ll hardly notice this thin front pocket wallet.
Works great as a travel wallet and will help you enjoy peace of mind at home or abroad. This wallets RFID blocking material blocks high frequency (13.56 MHz) RFID signals to help keep your personal and financial info safe by blocking malicious attempts to steal your identity from your chip enable cards.
Packaged in a handsome box, this stealth wallet makes a great gift for men.