Start healthier eating and living with this guide to a plant-based diet.
To realize the benefits of a plant based diet, you need two things: an action plan that gets you started, and simple recipes that keep you going. With this in mind, holistic nutritionist Heather Nicholds created The Plant Based Diet Meal Plan―a complete 3-week meal plan followed by more than 100 easy, delicious plant based recipes.
In The Plant Based Diet Meal Plan, Heather’s combines her knowledge of whole-food nutrition with her love of exciting flavors, delivering everything you need to enjoy a healthful plant based diet.
Equal parts action plan and cookbook, The Plant Based Diet Meal Plan includes:
- A Plant Based Diet Overview that features specific health benefits, guidance for deprivation-free weight loss, and the top 10 plant based superfoods
- A 3-Week Plant Based Diet Meal Plan that includes weekly shopping lists and plant based diet menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 100+ Plant Based Diet Recipe―smoothies and salads to mains and desserts that include key macronutrient information
From weight loss to improved health, The Plant Based Diet Meal Plan has the action plan and recipes to start your plant based diet today―and stick with it tomorrow.
From the Publisher
SAMPLE RECIPE: Baked Sweet Potato Fries
SERVES: 2 / PREP TIME: 10 minutes / COOK TIME: 30 to 45 minutes
These are easy to make and perfect to pop in the oven while you prepare some veggie burgers for a weekend meal—and you can easily double up to make enough for leftovers.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Peel the sweet potato and cut it into sticks. Rub the oil, salt, basil, and oregano all over them with your hands.
3. Spread the sweet potato sticks on a large baking sheet. Roast 30 to 45 minutes, or until they’re soft, flipping them halfway through.
TECHNIQUE TIP: The thinner you cut your sweet potato sticks, the faster they will bake. And the faster they bake, the more they will be super soft inside, like deep-fried restaurant versions.
1 medium sweet potato
1 tsp olive oil, or 1 tbsp vegetable broth
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano